MGH Psychiatry Faculty To Direct 2023 Substance Use Disorder Conference
The MGH Psychiatry Academy faculty invite you to join us at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa for our annual Substance Use Disorder conference, held on February 19, 2023 to February 22, 2023.
Substance use disorders are complex and have a huge impact on patients, families and communities. They challenge even experienced health care professionals to stay current with evolving guidelines. That’s why the agenda focuses on a broad update across the spectrum of substance use disorders. Sessions cover everything from neuroscience and developmental perspectives all the way through recovery-oriented systems of care. The MGH Psychiatry Academy faculty share their experience as both clinical caregivers and research experts. They make time to answer questions and help you find solutions for complex conditions.
This conference lets you engage dozens of renowned clinician-researchers, get your clinical questions answered, and translate enhanced knowledge into optimal patient care.
Here are some of the ways that participants plan to change their clinical practice as a result of attending this conference:
- Describe the best practices for treatment of substance use disorders
- Discuss how to properly screen and diagnose substance use disorders
- List rational, evidence based pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies for patients with substance use disorders
- Assess relative utility and strengths of recovery oriented models of care
- Assess and treat patients with co-morbid substance use, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, ADHD, pain, and infectious diseases.
- Discuss how to manage complicated withdrawal
- Utilize motivational interviewing, CBT and contingency management techniques when working with patients suffering from substance use disorders
- Describe the effects of and interventions for marijuana and synthetics
- List the different approaches and challenges associated with opioid, alcohol and nicotine treatment
- Discuss the challenges associated with identification and management of substance use disorders in the emergency departments
Name: Substance Use Disorders: A Comprehensive Review and Update 2023
Date: February 19, 2023 to February 22, 2023
Location: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
4401 Floridian Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-8451
Proudly Directed By: Laura G. Kehoe, MD, MPH, FASAM, John F. Kelly, PhD, David H. Rubin, MD, Timothy E. Wilens, MD